The National Documentation Centre welcomes donations and gifts of selected materials for the collections. Donations and gifts enhance the existing collections of the Centre and support its commitment to provide information for development. While the Centre values and greatly appreciates all donations and gifts, there is a cost associated with the acceptance and processing of these materials. Therefore, it is incumbent upon the Centre to be judicious when accepting and retaining donated materials.
- Research papers, studies or articles
- Media materials (DVD, CD, documents in soft copy)
Donations that are Not Accepted:
- Mass-market paperbacks
- Popular magazines (eg. She, Better Home and Gardens, etc.)
- Materials in poor condition, especially if they exhibit signs of mold or mildew
- Electronic materials requiring dated software
- Materials which might cause the Centre to be liable for copyright infringement (i.e., illegal copies)
- Subjects that include dated computer software, programs, and programming
- Sacred books
- Vinyl records
- Materials must be focused on aspects of sustainable, economic and social development of Dominica and the Caribbean including Latin American countries.
- Materials must be in good condition without signs of water or dust damage, mold or mildew.
- Donations will be subject to the Centre’s collection policy. The Centre reviews donated items, then decides if and how they can be best used. An item that is not added may be donated to another unit of the Library and Information Service.
- The Centre reserves the right to decline an offer of material that is already held in the collections or that does not meet collection needs.
- Donations and Gifts are accepted with the understanding that materials become the property of National Documentation Centre.
- Contact the Centre before dropping off donations to make sure the Centre has space to store the donation.
- Donated items should be delivered in small boxes or bags that can be easily lifted and carried.
How to Donate
In most cases, it is the responsibility of the donor to arrange for delivery of materials to the Centre. Please contact us to discuss the acceptance of your donation and delivery details.
Donations and Gift Policy (PDF,27KB)