Dominica Library and Information Service (DLIS) functions include:
• To manage and or support libraries island-wide.
• To coordinate library development in Dominica.
• To ensure the availability of credible information resources.
• To promote reading as an essential pillar for literacy and educational development
• To promote/facilitate the effective and ethical use and application of information.
• To preserve Dominica’s historical and heritage documents and related materials.
• To collect all material written by Dominican’s and about Dominica.
• To ensure availability of information generated within Dominica and accessibility to information generated outside the country.
• To contribute towards efforts at public awareness and collective responsibility.